BHP Limited is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
BHP Limited may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from: June 2018
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address and phone
- IP address via 3rd party Smartsupp.com, s.r.o., VAT ID CZ03668681 (separately/anonymously)
- Usage tracking with industry standard Google analytics
- Browser session info via cookies to allow the Drift chat feature to work
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- Communicating with you, e.g. phone call
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided, BUT ONLY if you have explicitly given permission to do this.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
BHP Limited aims to remain GDPR compliant.
- The right to be informed: That’s what this page is for!
- The right of access: Individuals will have the right to ask—and receive an answer—if an organization is processing their data. This information must be provided largely for free within one month of request.
- The right to rectification: If your data is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to have it corrected.
- The right to be forgotten: You may request the removal of your data, for example from my mailing list if you have signed up to it.
- The right to restrict processing: Under certain circumstances, you can block the processing of your personal data, although on this site, it would mean just not providing any to me and opting out of Smartlook and Google Analytics (see links below).
- The right to data portability: You can use your own data anywhere you like.
- The right to object: You can object to the use of their personal data for most purposes.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us, if it is not obvious how to delete your own data
- Opting out of Smartlook
- Opting out of Google Analytics
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties (unless we have your permission, but currently have no plans in this area) or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting, but again, only if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR. This is normally free and BHP Limited aims to respond within one month.
If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the address in the footer.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.